The phase of the moon on the day you and your partner were born is believed to determine the compatibility between the two of you, but what does this mean in astrology and how do you calculate it?
TikTok users have turned to the virtual world to find out more about themselves and the people they are interested in forming a relationship with.
Forget coffee dates and strolls through parks, as youngsters would rather trust their moon phase to know if they are compatible with someone. You can find out too, by following the below steps.
As the trend goes viral, let us explain its spiritual meaning in astrology.
What moon phase compatibility means in astrology
The compatibility between two people can apparently be measured by comparing their spiritual characteristics defined by their individual moon phases.
A complete cycle of phases includes:
- New moon – marks the beginning of hopes and dreams which can be manifested with time.
- Waxing crescent moon – Represents growth and expansion while making a path for newer opportunities.
- First quarter moon – Symbolizes relationships currently in your life or those in the future.
- Waxing gibbous moon – The moon represents potential, which is only possible with changes.
- Waning gibbous moon – Represents growth
- Full moon – Shows maturity.
- MORE: Wolf Moon Spiritual Meaning 2023: Is The Wolf Moon Powerful? as it arrives in January
How to find the best match using online calculator
There is an online calculator to find out your and your partner’s moon phases by simply entering your date of birth. Below mentioned are the most compatible moon phases, according to Your Tango, which is determined by comparing the spiritual significance of each phase.
- People born under the new moon are believed to be most compatible with those born under a full moon as they are both aware of drastic changes in their lives and know how to balance them.
- If you’re born under a waxing crescent, the best match would be with someone with the waning gibbous phase. These two phases together can bring harmony and peace.
- Those born under the waning gibbous moon thrive for perfection and are believed to pair well with people born under a waxing gibbous moon, as the former can learn from the latter how to let things go and heal.
TikTok users on the lookout for their soulmates
Some TikTok users are comparing their moon phase with that of their partners to find out if they are soulmates as the new trend goes viral.
Not taking into consideration the compatibility based on astrology, a number of users are simply bringing together the graphic representation of the two moon phases to see if they form a full moon.
However, this alone cannot really determine if a given couple is compatible, although it’s interesting to see some of them claim it actually works.
If you aren’t too confident about the method people are using on TikTok, you could maybe use the explanation above to know how well you match with someone.