Weijia Jiang Wiki (CBS Reporter) Age, Husband, Bio & Family can be accessed below :
WOTHAPPEN reports that Weijia Jiang (born 6 June 1983) is an American famous news reporter, anchor, and journalist from Xiamen, China. Currently, she is working as a news reporter for the CBS News, She handles the news coverage of the White House Correspondent. She joined CBS in June 2018.
She started her reporting career at a very early age. She uses to do reporting the news in her school days. Weijia Jiang stepped into the professional news reporting career in the year 2006. Firstly, she joined WBOC-TV as a junior reporter.
Childhood, Parents, Bio & Education
The beautiful Asian news reporter came to this world from her parents on Monday, 6 June 1983, in Xiamen, China. She belongs to the Christian religion. Weijia Jiang’s age is 36 years old (as in 2019). Her father “Huade Jiang” is a businessman.
Her mother’s name is “Liya Wei”. Because of her dad’s business, her complete family moved to West Virginia, United States. At that, time, she was only 2 years old. She spent her childhood in the US along with her siblings. Jiang is a well-educated lady.
If we talk about her education, then she has completed her post-graduation. She attended a local private school in the US for her schooling. After that, she enrolled her name at The College of William and Mary.
From this, college, she completed her graduation in the field of philosophy. She joined Syracuse University for her master’s degree in the field of Science.
She also completed her Broadcast Journalism degree from the same university in the year 2006. She is interested in journalism and news reporting from childhood. That’s why she started doing news reporting in her college days.
Wedding, Spouse Travis Luther Lowe & Children
The 36-year-old lady has in relationship with her lover for a long time. She met her hubby for the first time at The College of William and Mary. After that, they started dating each other.
After a long-time of dating, Weijia Jiang tied in a knot with her husband “Travis Luther Lowe” on 19 March 2018. After some time, on 10 October 2018, she announces that she is pregnant through her social media handles.
After some time, Weijia gave birth to a beautiful daughter (name not known). She is always active on social media and shares her memorable moments with her fans. Currently, she lives a happy married life with her hubby in Washington, DC, United States.
The gorgeous Asian lady is interested in news reporting from childhood. When Weijia was in college, she started working as a junior reporter on Channel One News. She worked there as a reporter and journalist.
After completing her higher studies, she left the job from Channel One and joined the WBRE-TV and started working as a reporter in Scranton at Pennsylvania. In the year 2006, she got a job offer letter from the WBOC-TV as a reporter.
She accepted the offer letter and started doing the job. She worked there for 2 years from 2006 to 2008. After that, she left the job. In June 2018, she started working as a general assignment reporter at WJZ-TV and worked there for 4 years and 1 month.
After quitting the job from WJZ-TV, Weijia Jiang joined the WCBS | CBS New York at the same post as a general assignment reporter. After working for 3 years, she left the job in June 2015. In the same year, she becomes the senior reporter at CBS News.
In her first 3 years, she worked for Correspondent (Newspath) on CBS. From June 2018 to present, she works as a senior news reporter, news anchor, and journalist for White House Correspondent at CBS News. From her career, Weijia Jiang earned the net worth of $1.2 million USD (approx.) as in 2020.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Weijia Jiang
- On 19 April 2020, the senior reporter of CBS News was appointed on the conversation with US President Donald Trump on the Topic of Coronavirus.
- As a reporter, she asked the question to the president, “that you knew that the virus had put its foot in America, then why did it gather so much for an event in that month”.
- After listening to the question, Trump lost temper and respond to Weijia Jiang that “Nice and easy, Just Relax”.
- After that, the president asked the same question to Weijia, that “you know the number of cases in the US of that month?”
WATCH: Reporter: You knew #coronavirus was spreading like wildfire in Feb. You held rallies.
Trump: Just relax. We cut off China.
Reporter: (Pressing him.)
Trump: Keep your voice down.
Trump is ABSOLUTELY out of control. WILL NOT ANSWER, just bullies.pic.twitter.com/dGizBIyhEI
— Peter Morley (@morethanmySLE) April 19, 2020
- Weijia Jiang and her husband completed their graduation from the same college “The College of William and Mary” in the same year.
- Jiang earned her bachelor’s degree in the year 2005.
- Weijia Jiang is a tall journalist with a height of 5 ft 5 in (1.65 m). She maintains her weight around 60 kilograms (132.27 lbs).
- On 24 February, she was appointed as a senior reporter of Donald Trump, when, the president visited Ahmedabad, India.
- She also shares pictures on her official Instagram account.
- She likes to spend her time with her family.
- Jiang loves to visit the adventurous places.
- She is a foodie and likes to eat non-veg food.
- Weijia likes to do gardening in her spare time.
- In the year 2012, her name has appeared in prestigious ranks at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communication.