Evander Holyfield Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Biography, More can be accessed below :
WOTHAPPEN reports that Evander Holyfield (born 19 October 1962) is a former Boxer from America. People know him better as “The Warrior”, which is his nickname. He played this game from 1984 to 2011. During his career, he became a Heavyweight champion four times.
Holyfield also represented his country in the Olympics in the year 1984. In the 17 years of career, he has seen some golden. He was under the age of 10 when he started learning boxing and within a few years, he started participating in competitions.
His fights with other boxers like Ibragimov, Valuev, Botha, Williams, and Nielsen are very popular. After playing for so many years now he works as a trainer.
Childhood, Parents & Siblings
The veteran boxer Evander Holyfield took birth in the year 1962 (age 57 years; as in 2019) in Atmore, Alabama, United States. He is the youngest kid in his family and has 8 siblings.
The fact is that he is the kid from some other man than his mother’s husband. Evander’s mother is Annie Laura Holyfield and his father is Isom Coley.
Later along with his family, he came to Atlanta. The place where he used to live was infamous for the crime. When he was 13 he qualified for Junior Olympics and at 15 years of age, he won the award for the best boxer. The man is quite tall but at the time of the completion of schooling, he was only 5’8” in height.
Physical Stats, Height & Weight
The early start of training provided his discipline in his daily practice. His routine included heavy training and boxing sessions.
As we said earlier he was under 6’ at the age of 18 but after that, Evander Holyfield grew and became 6 feet 2.5 inches tall in height. In his young days, he was quite muscular and his opponents used to fear him.
Because of his 102 kg weight, he participated in heavyweight championships. He suffered injuries in his career. Once he said that he lost matches against Donald because of the injury that he suffered in his shoulder.
Personal life, Spouse & Children
Unlike his boxing career, he faced some problems in his personal life. In the year 1985, he got married to a lady named Paulette Bowen. Both of them were living a happy life but it ended in the year 1991 after their divorce.
Evander got in a relationship with 6 women in his life. He got married thrice and ended up divorcing with all of them.
His second wife was Janice Itson whom he married in 1996. They both also got divorced in 2000. His third wife is Candi Calvani Smith. They both made a lovely pair but like other relationships, he faced failure also in this one. The couple separated in 2012 after 9 years of relation.
Holyfield has a total of 11 kids. 5 of them are daughters and the remaining six are sons. Their names are Elijah Esaias Holyfield, Evander Holyfield Jr., Evette Ashley Holyfield, Ewin Ezekiel Holyfield, Eleazar Evan Holyfield, Elijah Jedidiah Holyfield, Eli Than Holyfield, Emani Winter Holyfield, Ebonne Esheal Holyfield, Eve Elizabeth Holyfield, and Eden Eloise Holyfield.
Some Lesser Known Facts about Evander Holyfield
- At the age of 7 while living in Atlanta he started learning boxing. He started playing club matches at the age of 13. Then he used to play under the light heavyweight category.
- As he grew up he played under Cruiserweight and heavyweight category. In 1985 he registered a memorable 8 round victory, Tyrone Booze.
- He became champion of the cruiserweight and heavyweight category. Evander is the only person to remain an undisputed champion of two categories.
- In the year 1996, he got a chance to fight against Mike Tyson.
- When the two of them came into the ring the brutal fight happened. He won the match by TKO.
- For the next time, they both came into the ring on 28 June 1997. This is considered as one of the notorious fights ever.
- Tyson punched Evander on the ear which is the judges decided to disqualify him but Holyfield said he can play. Later Tyson bit his on his ear and finally judges disqualified him.
- He also appeared in some movies like the Summer of Sam, Blood Salvage, and Blood Salvage. Finally, in the year 2011, he retired from his career.
- He earned a total amount of $513 million during his career. All his money drained out because of his reckless spending.
- He also suffered 3 divorces which also took a portion of his money. As in 2020, his net worth is only $500 k as per Wikicelebs.com.
- People say that Mike Tyson was not ready for the second TKO and this is the reason why he bit on his ear to get disqualified.
- Evander got blamed for using performance enhancers and steroids.
- He is present on social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram.
- In his career, he played 57 matches and won 44 of them.
- Evander Holyfield won a bronze medal in the 1984 Olympics.
- In PAN American games he won a silver medal in the year 1983.
- At the peak time of his career, he has appeared in advertisements for brands like Coca-Cola.
- There is a video game on him named “Evander Holyfield’s Real Deal Boxing”.
- These days the main source of his income is special appearances.
- In 2008 his $10 million Atlanta mansion got auctioned which was bought by the famous rapper Rick Ross.