Wothappen.com has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper headlines today & Naija news today from the Nigerian Newspaper today.
1. The Federal Government has declared Monday and Tuesday as Public Holidays to mark this year’s Workers’ Day and Eidul-Fitr celebrations. The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, made the declaration on behalf of the Government in a statement signed by the Permanent Secretary of the ministry, Dr Shuaib Belgore, on Thursday.
2. Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar has asked the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to give him the right of first refusal in its presidential primaries because he is the “best aspirant to win the election for the Party”. Addressing members of the National Working Committee, (NWC) of the party on Thursday, Atiku said he should be considered because he already has 11 million votes in his kitty.
3. The leadership of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, on Thursday, cautioned Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu and a few other politicians in the southeast region for allegedly working against the pursuit of Igbo Presidency in 2023.
4. The National Chairman of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) Dr. Iyorchia Ayu, has told former Vice President Atiku Abubakar that even though they are friends, he will not work for him as an aspirant.
5. The Oba of Benin, Omo N’Oba Ewuare II, yesterday, gave the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo assurance that he would be Nigeria’s next president. The monarch, who received Osinbajo at his palace, said many aspirants were only seeking positions to amass wealth, saying the VP remains a big challenge to other aspirants.
6. Ahead of the 2023 All Progressives Congress, APC’s primary elections, Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State has purchased the Expression of Interest and Nomination form. The form, which was billed to be sold out for N100 million, was purchased by the governor on Thursday in Abuja.
7. Former President Goodluck Jonathan, who is considering joining the All Progressives Congress to run for President, is set to face a legal battle in the coming days. The Vice Chairman/Director of Public Affairs, Igbo Leadership Development Foundation, Dr. Law Mefor, says his group will be going to court to challenge Jonathan should he declare his intention to contest.
8. The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), has threatened to embark on a three-day nationwide warning strike, in solidarity with affiliate unions in the universities and Nigerian students. This is contained in a communique jointly issued by its President, Mr Ayuba Wabba, and its General Secretary, Mr Emmanuel Ugboaja, to newsmen, on Thursday in Abuja.
9. The All Progressives Congress (APC) has reacted to the theft of a huge amount of money at its National Secretariat in Abuja on Wednesday, saying the money does not belong to the party. The party, yesterday, relocated the sale of forms from its national secretariat to the International Conference Centre (ICC) in Abuja.
10. President Muhammadu Buhari has vowed to use every legitimate means to protect the votes of Nigerians during the 2023 general elections. The President spoke Thursday at an Iftar dinner with members of the Diplomatic Corps.