A 20-year-old lady identified as Bilikisu Surajo and 13-year-old Ibrahim Sani have lost their lives after consuming food suspected to be poisoned at a wedding in Katsina state.
The incident was confirmed on Thursday, April 9, by the Katsina state police command, which said the wedding was held in Mani local government area of the state.
According to a statement by the command’s spokesman, SP Gambo Isah, the command has already arrested two people suspected to be involved in the food poisoning and will be arraigned in court after conclusion of investigation, NAN reports.
Wothappen.com notes that the statement read: “On April 4, 2020, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), Mani Division, received a complaint that one Musa Suleiman, 25, of Ali Yaba village, conspired with one Shafa’atu Sirajo, 20, and administered a noxious substance, popularly known as “Zaqami” in the food that was served to the guests at a wedding.
“Consequently, 19 persons that ate the food, fell sick and became unconscious.
“The DPO and his team rushed the victims to Mani General Hospital for medical treatment.
”Two of the victims Bilkisu Surajo, 20, and Ibrahim Sani, 13, were confirmed dead by the attending physician, while the remaining victims were admitted for treatment.”