Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Some worshippers were on Thursday abducted when bandits attacked a mosque in Giwa Local Government Area of Kaduna State. It was learnt yesterday that the armed gang struck during evening prayer (Ishai prayer).
2. A Federal High Court in Abuja has issued an order to commence committal proceedings against the Managing Director of the Assets Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON), Ahmed Lawal Kure, over alleged seizure of NICON Insurance Ltd’s assets.
3. The National Publicity Secretary of the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), Emmanuel Yawe, is dead. It was gathered that Yawe, aged 65, died in his sleep in the early hours of Friday in Abuja.
4. The battle for the leadership of APC appears to have been shifted to London, the United Kingdom, as President Muhammadu Buhari meets with the embattled Chairman of the Caretaker Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC) and Governor of Yobe State, Mai Mala Buni.
5. An Independent Investigation Panel, investigating police brutality, which led to the End SARS protest, on Friday, ordered retired Brig.-Gen. Buba Marwa, the Chairman, National Drug Laws Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), to produce suspended DCP, Abba Kyari, on March 22, 2022.
6. National leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu and the embattled Governor of Ebonyi State, Dave Umahi met behind closed doors in Abuja on Friday. Special Assistant to the Governor of Ebonyi State, Francis Nwaze, made the disclosure yesterday.
7. The Young Professionals Council of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has expressed their unalloyed support to the current leadership of the party led by Niger State Governor Sani Bello and their absolute confidence in the party’s ability to resolve any differences within the internal democratic machinery.
8. The Inspector-General of Police (I-G), Mr Usman Baba has ordered an immediate ban on the use of unapproved uniforms by police officers on duty. The Acting Force Public Relations Officer (FPRO), CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, made this known in a statement on Friday in Abuja.
9. An attempt by some governors of the All Progressives Congress to sack the Chairman, Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee of the APC, Governor Mai Mala Buni, seems to have hit a brick wall following the refusal of the Independent National Electoral Commission to recognise the acting Chairman of the party, Governor Abubakar Bello of Niger State.
10. Two days to the expiration of the warning strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, the National President of the union, Prof Emmanuel Osodeke says “nothing tangible has been done”. He spoke in an interview on Friday.