Career opportunity: Nigeria Police Force announces recruitment for Specialist (Artisan) Police Constables in 2023 can be accessed below
NPF), the arm of law enforcement dispatching the noble task of ensuring peace and order within the territorial bounds of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, on high authority, announces its 2023 recruitment drive for the distinguished role of Specialist (Artisan) Police Constables. A momentous opportunity brimming with the chance to serve and contribute to the community’s tranquility, the recruitment process seeks to swell the ranks of dedicated personnel committed to upholding the law and fostering public safety.
“This recruitment drive accentuates the NPF’s enduring commitment to fortifying its ranks with skilled professionals who can complement the multifaceted aspects of law enforcement in this modern era. It reaffirms our vision of creating a trusted, competent, and effective police service that is responsive to Nigeria’s security challenges”
The announced recruitment, targeted at qualified candidates with varying craft and vocational skills, presents a remarkable opportunity to incorporate these unique areas of expertise into the operational framework of the Nigeria Police Force. As the nation’s primary law enforcement agency, the NPF displays a profound appreciation for diversity and collaboration, understanding the indispensable role each constituent part plays towards the effective functionality of the whole system. Notably, this recruitment aims not only to include artisans but also to shine a light on their contribution as indispensable members of society who possess a unique set of skills that can be utilized for national security.
Artisans, who might have long wondered how their endowments could be employed for the collective good, can now find this recruitment drive an avenue to actualize such aspirations. Their skills, often underestimated, can play a crucial part in problem-solving, security maintenance, and innovation within the police force. It is indeed a time of great anticipation for all who perceive the chance to utilize their distinctive aptitudes in the pursuit of national peace and security.
The Nigeria Police Force, in collaboration with the Police Service Commission (PSC), is pleased to announce the commencement of the 2023 recruitment for Specialist (Artisan) Police Constables. This recruitment drive aims to enlist qualified and dedicated Nigerians into the force to serve as Specialist Police Constables in various specialized fields.
The online application portal for this recruitment will be open for a six-week period, starting from October 15th and closing on November 26th, 2023. Prospective applicants are encouraged to visit the recruitment portal at www.apply.policerecruitment.gov.ng during this period to complete their applications. Both male and female Nigerians of good character are invited to apply.
To be eligible for this recruitment, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Nigerian Origin: Applicants must be of Nigerian origin by birth and possess the National Identification Number (NIN).
- Education: Applicants must have a minimum of four credits in not more than two sittings in the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE/SSCE) or its equivalent. These credits should include passes in English and Mathematics. For Medical/Veterinary Assistants, a minimum of five credits is required, with credit passes in English and Mathematics.
- Age: Applicants must be aged between 18-28 years.
- Height and Physical Fitness: Applicants must be medically, physically, and psychologically fit. Male applicants must not be less than 1.67m tall, while female applicants must not be less than 1.64m tall. Furthermore, male applicants should have an expanded chest measurement of not less than 86cm (34 inches).
- Good Character: Applicants must provide evidence of good character from their village or district head.
- Documentation: Applicants must present the following documents during the Automated Physical Screening Exercise:
- Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age
- Certificate of Origin signed by the Local Government Chairman or Secretary
- Guarantor Form endorsed by a Public Servant not below Grade Level GL13, Police Officer not below the rank of CSP, or its equivalent from the Armed Forces and the Paramilitary Services.
Applicants can choose from a variety of specialized fields, including but not limited to:
- Medical Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- Band Section
- Communications/Info-Tech Specialist
- Plumbers, Masons, Painters, Tilers, Electricians, Welders, and Carpenters
Prospective applicants should visit www.apply.policerecruitment.gov.ng with their valid NIN, email, and phone number to complete the application form. Additionally, scanned copies of O’ level results, Birth Certificate, and Certificate of Origin should be uploaded. Once the online application is complete, applicants must print their online form and guarantor form for submission during the Automated Physical/Credentials Screening Exercise.
- Automated Physical/Credentials Screening Exercise: Applicants who meet the online registration requirements will be invited for this nationwide screening exercise. The date for this exercise will be communicated later.
- Automated Medical Screening: Successful candidates from the physical screening will proceed to the medical screening, which will take place at the 17 Police Zonal Medical Centers on a date to be announced.
Training: Successful applicants will undergo a comprehensive academic and physical training program, preparing them for employment as Specialist (Artisan) Police Constables in the Nigeria Police Force.
Important Note: The 2023 Recruitment Exercise is entirely free of charge.
This recruitment presents an opportunity for qualified individuals to serve their country in the Nigeria Police Force as Specialist (Artisan) Police Constables. Interested applicants are encouraged to carefully review the requirements and apply within the specified timeframe.