Hong Chau net worth 2023, how rich is she now? biography, age, husband, kids.
Hong Chau is an American actress who rose to prominence in Hollywood with some of her best performances. She rose to prominence in the film industry with the release of films and television series such as Downsizing, Treme, and Inherent Vice. She has been nominated for several prestigious awards and has also received recognition for her work as a Vietnamese refugee.
Biography & Profile Summary
Born on 25 June 1979, Hong Chau’s age is 44 Years Old as of 2023. She was born and brought up in Thailand during her very first few weeks. However, she had to flee the country alongside her parents due to the ongoing Vietnam War.
When they relocated to America they started residing in a NO, Louisiana. She is currently splitting her between Louisiana and Los Angeles. As it comes down to her religious status, we have gathered that upon landing in America, she got familiar with Catholicism. When it comes to her nationality, she has the citizenship of America.
This is what Chau’s educational story looks like. She had her primary education at a prelim school in Louisiana itself. Then she studied in various schools not so contrary to given she belonged to an Asian household. She had enrolled herself at the Eleanor McMain Secondary School.
|Net Worth||$18 Million|
|Date of Birth||25 June 1979|
|Age||44 Years Old|
|Currently Live In||Louisiana and Los Angeles|
|Profession||Actress, Television Performer, and Personality|
|Debut||TV Series: Finding My America (2006)|
Film: Inherent Vice (2014)
|Years Active||2006 – Present|
|Famous Role||Linh in the TV Series Treme (2011 – 2013)|
|School/High School||Louisiana School for Math, Science, and The Arts in Natchitoches, Louisiana|
Benjamin Franklin High School in New Orleans, Louisiana
|College/University||Boston University College of Communication in Boston, Massachusetts|
Boston University in Boston, Massachusetts
Hong Chau Height & Weight
She is known for her petite stature, standing at a height of 155 cm (5 feet 1 inch) and weighing 56 kg (126 lbs).
Hong Chau Parents, Siblings & Family
Hong Chau has Asian background. She has mixed ethnicity and was raised in a Vietnamese-American household. Her roots go back to Thailand where she had to run away alongside her whole family to take shelter from an ongoing war. Hong Chau’s father’s name is Mr. Chau who is currently working as a local businessman.
Hong Chau’s mother’s name is Mrs. Chau, who is a homemaker.
Hong Chau has had an impressive career in the entertainment industry, starting with her breakout role as Linh in the HBO series “Treme” in 2014. She has since gone on to star in films such as “Inherent Vice” and “Driveways” and has received critical acclaim for her performance as Ngoc Lan Tran in Alexander Payne’s 2017 film “Downsizing,” for which she was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress.
Chau has also made a name for herself in television, with roles in the hit series “Big Little Lies” and “Watchmen.” Her performances have been praised for their range and depth, and she has quickly become one of the most sought-after actresses in Hollywood.
Chau’s success has made her a trailblazer for greater diversity and representation in the entertainment industry, and her unique perspective and background have helped to break down barriers and open doors for underrepresented communities. As she continues to take on challenging and rewarding roles, Chau’s star is sure to continue to rise, and her fans can look forward to seeing her shine on the big and small screens for years to come.
Hong Chau Achievement and Awards
Award winnings and nominations for Hong Chau:
- Independent Spirit Robert Altman Award for Inherent Vice at the 30th ceremony in 2014
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival Virtuosos Award at the 2018 ceremony
- Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Supporting Actress for Downsizing at the 23rd ceremony in 2017
- Florida Film Critics Circle Award for Best Supporting Actress at the 2017 ceremony for Downsizing
- Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture at the 75th ceremony in 2017 for Downsizing
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role at the 24th ceremony in 2017 for Downsizing
- St. Louis Gateway Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actress at the 2017 ceremony for Downsizing
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead at the 35th ceremony in 2019 for Driveways
- Maverick Spirit Award from Cinequest Film Festival at the 30th ceremony in 2020
- Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress at the 95th ceremony in 2022 for The Whale
- Alliance of Women Film Journalists EDA Best of Awards – Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the 2022 ceremony for The Whale
- BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the 76th ceremony in 2022 for The Whale
- Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actress at the 2022 ceremony for The Whale
- Dallas–Fort Worth Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actress at the 2022 ceremony for The Whale
- Gotham Independent Film Award for Outstanding Supporting Performance at the 32nd ceremony in 2022 for The Whale
- Hollywood Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actress at the 6th ceremony in 2022 for The Whale
- London Film Critics’ Circle Award for Supporting Actress of the Year at the 2022 ceremony for The Whale
- New York Film Critics Online Award for Best Supporting Actress at the 22nd ceremony in 2022 for The Whale
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role at the 29th ceremony in 2022 for The Whale.
As of 2023, Hong Chau’s net worth is $18 million. She accumulated her net worth through her venture in the realm of acting primarily.